|Address:||161 Main St, Amagansett, NY 11930, USA|
I personally found the talk house to be overrated. Last night was my first night there and it was packed. It was a $30 entrance fee to get in and once I did it felt like I was at a basement frat party. I was getting bumped into everywhere I went. Some guy even threw up on the floor near one of the bars and it took the maintenance at least ten min to clean up. As for the drinks, they were good but ridiculously expensive I spent $25 on a tequila shot, a miller lite and a sex in the beach. The music was a little high school for me ( Im 21) and they honestly only played radio top 30. The bathrooms were the most disgusting things I have ever experienced in my life. They were port-a-potties and filled with beer cans and other disgusting elements. Bottom line, I honestly dont know if Ill go back because it was kind of too expensive and it was pretty gross.
The Classic Dive and Music Venue of the Hamptons. Cheap beers and drinks (all in plastic cups) are accompanied by in- and out-door spaces to hang out and relax. Despite getting ultra-crowded on the weekends, the shows can be quite good - the likes of Rhett Miller, of the Old 97s, on a weeknight!
Still the one- authentic, old -school, no fancy pants, rock-out classic. Endure the crowd for one of the best nights of your life. Saw Levon Helm, Jimmy Buffett, Gregg Allman, tons of great nights here. House band Nancy Atlas rocks it!
Fun crowd. I agree with other reviews that it is a dive bar, but it has the vibe of come as you are. Great bar for dancing and drinks after a long day on the beach. The band was pretty good. Glad we stopped to visit this place!
Amazing. I wasnt feeling well and the band was late getting onstage. My ride wanted to stay, but I needed to get home but had no cash. The manager gave me money for a taxi. Extraordinary service.
The Corcoran Group
Amagansett Staple of the East End Night life – be up close and personal with name recognized entertainers. You never know who will show up from famous or locals jamming.
you can get to see some amazing national acts in a very small place with friendly barkeeps.depending on the act the prices range from cheap to youve got to be kidding.
Playing Music there is a Great time. The stage and PA always sound great. The crowd always enjoys the music more than the TV. Looking forward to playing there again.
Its tough to find a nice casual bar in the Hamptons, but the Talkhouse fits that description. Great live music during the summer. Beware of long lines though.
TH is TH, its a must do if you arent out east often. Try to go when there ISNT a headline music event or on another off night.
If you like expensive drinks, crowded rooms, and overpriced bands then this bar is for you. Me? Id rather go someplace else.
Wonderful place to visit. When during a night the Inner Roots Reggae band was there....had a fabulous time. Thanks
frat-boy meat market hangout. full of 30-something women looking for love and 20-something men looking for lust.
Expensive cover and drinks (could just be a Hamptons thing). Good band. Very hot - need to crank up the AC.
Karaoke on Wednesdays with Helen is awesome! It gets pretty crowded and some customers are not very nice.
A Private User
a great place to chill and hang, musicians are always consistent, never a disappointment.
Gr8 live music groups! Got to hear Chris Martin and Cold Play there! THE BEST!
NY 360 East
Saw Jake Lear here. Incredible blues artist... Never a disappointment.
Countryrock local artist Nancy Atlas sings her heart out for you.
Where does this DIVE get off charging a $20 cover?!?!! F@¢K OFF!
Good bar but poorly Managed line. Good on a low key night.
Way too packed 99% of the time, fantastic the other 1%
Mad house during the summer. Much better off season.
Always a mob scene but always a good time
Old school bar with some great music.
Top- flight talent. Great room.
Best karaoke in the Hamptons
best place in hamptons
Fun place. Good music
Great live music!
Great party place
Great live show!
NeverHide by Angelique
Great and fun
Andres Felipe Roman